Energy Management Course – 100% funded
This Engineers Ireland CPD approved course allows participants to understand how energy management can be implemented in an organisation to have a real impact on energy use, cost and carbon emissions.
The course follows a structured energy management approach adopting international best practice and delivered in an accessible style. The training is based around Six Key Concepts for energy management which are derived from ISO 50001. It also gives an introduction to renewable energy solutions and funding available. The trainer has extensive experience in energy management implementation and delivery of training.
Eligibility Criteria: The course is fully funded under the skills to advance funds, applicable to individuals in a full/part-time employment or Sole Traders in Ireland.
Introduction and Leadership for Energy Management
- Overview covering climate change, drivers and common energy issues
- Benefits: reduced costs, better workflows, reduced carbon footprint
- Leadership and legislation overview
Significant Energy Uses (SEUs)
- How to review the energy usage for organisation
- How to assess what the main energy uses are and why
Energy Performance Indicators (EnPIs)
- Approaches to measuring performance improvement.
- Developing actions to improve energy efficiency and reduce consumption.
- Methods for developing opportunities for improvement.
- A discussion of technical areas depending on participant needs e.g., Vehicles, Emissions, Maintenance, Energy flows, Energy surveys, Metering.
- What is operational control?
- Impact of managers and staff on maintenance and operations
- Awareness of the energy improvement opportunity at the design or procurement stage
- How to check the effectiveness of your energy management system
Renewables and Supports
- Overview of renewable energy options supports and funding available.
The course is suitable for:
Decision makers; managers; employees; anyone with responsibility for energy use and/or costs; people who would like an introduction to energy management concepts.
- Understand the basic concepts of energy management.
- Knowledge of tools to assess energy usage.
- Identify and implement energy management opportunities to reduce energy use, costs and carbon footprint.
This course is Engineers Ireland CPD approved.
Certificate of completion provided by Future Cast.
GDPR Disclaimer: by clicking the below register your interest button, you will be automatically added to our newsletter database which you can unsubscribe at any time.
Please get in touch with us for any issues at [email protected]