The future of the construction industry in the EU is threatened by a chronic labour shortage exacerbated by the COVID crisis. The shortage of construction workers in the EU is expected to increase in the future due to a declining population and an ageing workforce FEMCON will develop innovative vocational education & training that will assist women working in or considering a career in construction industry to progress to visible roles within the industry.In so doing, FEMCON will increase the attractiveness of the industry for others, thus leading to a greater number of women choosing the sector.
Our VET aimed education will further impact female workforce in the construction industry across Europe, to become aware of their rights to equality in the industry & to utilise their skills in the industry towards their careers progression, thus creating conditions for positive change to happen, improving the industry outlooks & these groups’ quality of life.
Our women in construction project seeks to build a better future together by diversifying and improving the construction site of the future to include more women. Creating an inclusive environment for a gender diverse construction site and quarry for the benefit of society as a whole.
Through education and training programmes, we hope to create a cultural shift in attitudes towards women involved in construction and quarrying, develop and support career pathways for girls and women into construction and quarrying, normalise construction and quarrying as a career choice for girls and women, develop accessible educational programmes for all school goers and develop a pathway for career changers.
Updates on Women in Construction
Keep up to date on the latest from the women in construction project here.
Join us as we build our network of superstar women working in the construction industry.
Submit the form here to keep up to date on the women in construction initiative.
National Construction Summit
International Womens Day
Building a better future together by diversifying and improving the construction site and quarry of the future to include more women. Creating an inclusive environment for a gender diverse construction site and quarry for the benefit of society as a whole and making construction & quarrying leaders in gender equality in Ireland.
Create a scalable and sustainable framework for a diverse construction & quarrying workforce, specifically increase female participation across all areas of construction and quarrying and drive action behind conversation.
How to become a DIY hero
Testimonial From the Tarmacking Mammy
- Obtain funding to support the Women in Construction & Quarrying development plan
- Develop a practical plan for construction & quarrying companies on how to ensure an inclusive working environment for more women
- Develop and support career pathways for girls, women and for career changers into construction & quarrying
- Develop sustainable and scalable structures and strategies to support women into construction & quarrying
- Create a cultural shift in attitudes towards women involved in construction & quarrying
- Create an inclusive environment for women on construction sites, in quarries and within the industry as a whole
- Normalise construction & quarrying as a career choice for girls and women
Develop accessible educational programmes for all school goers